Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Melting

Right now I am sweating in Philadelphia. I don't have any pictures or anything to show but this weekend I will. How did I grow up in Philly without air conditioning!!? Cally has spoiled me. I walked around NYC on Monday in pants and turned into a jello sweat blob. OK enough about the weather. Weather talk is boring. But...DRY HEAT is easier REALLY!

Yesterday my pop took me to the Athenaeum of Philadelphia. It is beautiful inside with all kinds of design and architecture books available to members. The main room is fantastic. I wish it was my art studio. High ceilings, bookshelves, huge windows. Inspiring! They have an exhibit about architecture "down the shore" in the front room.

I forget about history while living in California. California has a don't-look-back attitude. This can be good and energizing, but sometimes you must consider the past. It is good that I come back here several times a year to keep me on my toes and connected to my past.

No comments: