Monday, August 27, 2007

jobs n' portraits

Here is a job I just did for a French ad agency. A little different. The concept wasn't mine though. Can't take credit for that. It was an enjoyable experience even though there was a language barrier.

A while ago I got the idea to do portraits of people I meet thru this blog, then it kinda got sidetracked. I figured the best way to get this going is to do the portraits in the one-a-day. The first one I did was on August 24. The person sent me some funny stuff including Charlie's Angels trading cards and a high school picture of herself. I combined the two.

Hopefully the people who sent me stuff won't expect a beautiful likeness. I am trying to change it up a bit, plus I don't do beautiful even if you are are super perfect, you won't come out that way in my pictures. Look for more in the next few weeks. FREEDOMWIG

Well I am pretty busy this week too. Trying to finish up a comission and a bunch o' jobs. It is nice to be busy. Things is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks, Martha! I'm honored to be the first one, especially with farrah and bosley. You did a great job - the picture was pretty wrecked to begin with! I guess the blue hair was a bit much, huh?
I'm glad you liked all the weird stuff. I've been saving those cards since the 4th grade - I think I have the entire collection, with enough extras to fool around with. I even did a few beaded and embroidered cards, a la Mark Newport.
Anyway, cool idea for a series - I can't wait to see the rest of the portraits... you should use those shooting stars in all of them!

Anonymous said...

This came out very nice! I love how you changed up your style a bit. It's always nice to experiment with different drawing techiques! Way cool.