Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Sneak Peak

Right now I am writing you from Pittsburgh, PA! I am cold and wimpy and full of bad-for-you food. My stomach hurts. This morning we had sticky buns made by Amish peeps. YUMMY. I am here visiting my family for the holidays.

So here is a sneak peak of one o' the big paintings (5 feet by 4 feet, dang!) I did for my show at La Luz de Jesus on January 4th. It is called "Lemon Fresh Pretty." It has changed a bunch from the earlier picture I took (see below). It is inspired by all the ads we see during our lives informing us of the bad smells we make, our lack of prettiness, that we are too fat, and all our flaws that will cause others to like us less. Who knew? The good news is there are many products that will save us from an empty life of likelessness! YAY.

Actually I shouldn't be too hard on the advertising industry. I like to have fresh breath and white teeth and to smell good and I truly appreciate this in others. Without advertising, I do believe we would all be hairy and smelly people with rotting teeth. ANYWAY.... The photo isn't that great, not sure why, because I had it professionally shot. You can't really see the details and the color is off. I guess you'll have to come see it in person!! Anyway blah blah blah. I'll be blah blah blahing about my show for the next week so watch out.

OK one more thing. Check out this blog. She wrote the nicest things about my art that I have ever had anyone say about it before. It made my day.

No comments: