Friday, July 11, 2008

My soulmate

The ice cream picture is random. I took it when I went to Coney Island on Monday.

I know I said I'd write about the Illustration conference but I don't feel like it. Sorry. Go to Drawger and you can see what people had to say about it. It was good thing. I might write something next week.

OK so I am still doing the online dating thing for another month (They don't give refunds). There seem to be a few normal nice guys amongst the countless FREAKS, but I don't think it is where I will find someone groovy to hang out with. Thankfully the freaks are providing me with hours of amusement. Yes I feel a little bad making fun of the profiles I get, but I can't help it. They make me sad and amazed and a little scared.

One more thing, what is the deal with the obsession with "soulmates?" Did I tell you I can't stand it when people say they are looking for a "soulmate." Jeez-loo-EEZE.

OK so which one of these fellas should I date? I have so many to share. I'll post more later.

"I am handsome, attractive, self confident, charming, spontaneous, young at heart, fun, outgoing, witty, established, focused, and strong willed rolled into one. But, who doesn’t claim to be all these things on this site? The truth i that I do possess all of these qualities; although I am human and they may not all be apparent all of the time. Your friends and family will love me, and I believe you could grow to love me too. But, let’s not rush things. I don’t even know your name yet?" Enough about me. So what do you think about me?

"Gifted Man seeks Gifted Woman. I'm an easy going debonair man of many talents. But I don't take myself too seriously. I am passionate about passionate people. I love to have fun and I’m very spontaneous as well as a great dancer. I can dance to any style of music, but being from Chicago, I truly love a strong ballad to slow dance too." Is Chicago known for men slow dancing to strong ballads they truly love?

"Don't worry, be happy! Lets see I'm a single hispanic guy. I have NO skeletons in the closet and NO criminal record. I like going to the movies, the theatre, traveling, outdoors, wine tasting. I don't like smokers, lies, confrontations. I collect coins and cookbooks (Yesssss I like to cook). I like music, pretty much all types, but classic rock is my alltime favorite. Simple guy huuu!" Thank god, NO criminal record huuuu!

"I love children and have adopted a kind and gentle princess (see pic) who is 6 yo. My princess’ royal court includes a nanny and grandma, who lives a mile away. I’m looking for a nurturing, slender, sensual, intellectually curious woman, who will be my life partner. My idea of fulfillment is connecting with my soul mate, working on my research, spending time with family, and eating hot apple pie with mounds of half-melted vanilla ice cream. You, my future partner, understand that your support and passion allow my creativity and productivity to soar, making you a partner in the successes of my research and clinical programs. In turn I try to take care of you in the ways important to you. What quirks do I have? Well…..I love hot, steamy showers. I deal with whatever issues bubble up. It’s also my most creative time. If the womb was any thing this, it’s no wonder that I was two weeks late!"
What the HELL? This one scares me the MOST. You should see his picture. Truly disturbing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! that last one is a doozy: and yes! i do wish you could post his photo...but instead, how about a nice painting on freedomwig entitled, "you're the wind beneath my (research and clinical programs) wings."

seriously: this could be a great idea for a series: you could make a book of paintings featuring all these juicy fellas.