Monday, January 29, 2007

Nothing interesting to say

I wanted to write on a more regular basis, but haven't felt like I have had anything interesting to say. All I have been doing is being neurotic over this show in NYC. Shipped the artwork out today and feel sick over it. I always do. Anyway you can only hear so much about someone's neuroses for so long. I don't want to be a one trick pony.

Anyway here is a piece of artwork from the show. ARG. I hope someone gets me.

I am looking forward to focusing on the portrait project when I get back from NYC. YAY!

I also purchased 3 BIG canvasses, one is 3 x 4 feet and two are 4 x 5 feet. I have never worked this big and I don't usually work on canvas. It'll be different. We'll see!

2 comments:

plushpussycat said...

I would argue that ANYTHING you say is interesting. It is a peek into your world which is so different from these landscapes of my final years. In addition it is "close contact" with a creative spirit. In my hum-drum life I touch few of those. We cycle in separate orbits these days and rarely come closer than a couple of light years. The distance is daunting.

Here's to your NYC show. Wow them, Martha! Tell us, who inhabit the sidelines, how it went, what you felt, how you reached out your skyscraper window to pet cloud-sheep feeding in pastures of sky.

I think charming thoughts of you. Painters are "cool". Sometimes, walking about, I smile thinking of you, wild artist of the West. Images swirl from your canvasses and I step into a river of swirling red hair.

Anonymous said...

Martha-you are totally getable.
-Nina